PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP | Tuesday 19 November 2019
Effective Leadership in Contact Centres
Learn to become a more effective, productive, and resilient leader at the pre-conference workshop
The modern contact centre is one of the most fast-paced and stressful environments for both staff and leaders. In order to function successfully, a contact centre must be led by a resilient and adaptive leader, who can keep staff motivated and productive, embed a positive culture, and maintain a high-level of well-being across the entire team.
Facilitated by Wellness & Performance Coach, Erik Van Den Top, you will have the opportunity to put your leadership skills to the test! Attend this interactive workshop and get ready to improve upon your skills and return to work with an enhanced understanding of your role as an effective leader.
Reasons to attend:
• Learn how to develop and embed a dynamic team culture that operates in line with organisational values rather than individual ambition
• Explore effective stress management techniques to enhance the well-being and performance of yourself as a leader and your entire contact centre team
• Develop innovative ways to motivate staff that move beyond the traditional “carrot-and-stick” approach
• Learn how to foster resilience and manage change from a proactive and resilient position
Facilitated by: Erik Van Den Top, Wellness & Performance Coach, Transformative Insights
Erik is an internationally accredited coach, biofeedback and positive psychology practitioner with extensive professional development in neurophysiology (our nervous system), nutrition, biofeedback, resilience, adult development psychology and neuroscience.
Erik works one-to-one in private practice, facilitates well-being programmes and workshops, provides guest talks and is also a University of Auckland teaching and research fellow. After a corporate career in leadership and organisational development, he started my private practice in 2001 and have since worked with a wide range of organisations and hundreds of people. He is widely known and respected for his open-minded, emphatic, energetic and down-to-earth nature as well as his generosity in supporting and empowering young people, sharing knowledge, ideas and tools with other professionals, and empowering his clients to generate positive change and flourish.
His passion is to inspire, enable and empower people to reach their wellness and performance potential.
How to build a dynamic team culture to create a positive and productive work environment
• Creating a culture based on team values rather than individual goals
• Implementing effective team-building exercises
• Developing a more positive and lasting cultural change within your contact centre
10.30: Morning tea
11.00am-12.30pm: Stress management techniques to increase the wellbeing and performance of your entire team
• Implementing effective employee well-being strategies
• Creating avenues to address common contact centre stress-related issues
• Managing your own workload and preventing burnout
1.30pm-3.00pm: Innovative techniques to motivate yourself and your staff
• Moving beyond traditional metrics and incentives
• Understanding the key motivating factors for modern contact centre staff
• Exploring new techniques to improve self-motivation and employee engagement
3.00: Afternoon tea
3.30pm-5.00pm: Managing and adapting to change
• Creating environments that foster resilience
• How to lead a team in fast-changing environments
• Predicting and delivering change from a pro-active, rather than reactive, position